2021-22 Term 1 is round the corner. Join us to learn how to use Blackboard, Panopto, and ZOOM to support your teaching and support tasks now to get ready for the new semester.
We are learners, and we know different people have different learning styles. We are excited to announce that we are now offering a series of briefing sessions, a quick start checklist, self-paced online courses, and self-help materials to suit your different training needs.
1. Briefing sessions with feature demo
Short briefing sessions (45min each) delivered by ITSC eLearning Support Team over ZOOM to introduce the features (with demo).
- Blackboard for Teachers (Cantonese)
- Blackboard for Teachers (English)
- Managing Grades and Feedback on Blackboard (Cantonese)
- Managing Grades and Feedback on Blackboard (English)
- Zoom for Teachers (English)
- Panopto for Teachers (English)
For more information and registration: https://cuhk202122training.sched.com/
2. Blackboard Quick Start Checklist and Comprehensive Instructor Guide
After you have joined the Blackboard briefing session(s), we suggest you requesting a sandbox (blank testing Blackboard course) from us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and go through our Blackboard Quick Start Checklist for Staff to try out the basic (essential) features.
Once you master the basic features, you are highly suggested to go through the comprehensive Blackboard Instructor Guide to select additional features you would like to use to support your teaching and support tasks and try them out in your sandbox.
3. Self-paced Blackboard Online Training Courses
For those of you who prefer online training courses, below is a list of online training courses developed by Blackboard for teachers and students. You (and your student) can get access to the courses by self-enrollment.
For Teachers, TA, and Supporting staff – Original Course view
- Blackboard Level One: Learn Teaching Essentials for Original (2021-ITSC-BL-OLE-TE)
- Blackboard Level Two: Learn Advanced Teaching for Original (2021-ITSC-BL-OLE-AT)
For Teachers, TA, and Supporting staff – Ultra Course view
4. Self-help materials
User guides and frequently-asked-questions (FAQs) are regularly updated and available at our Help Center (https://help.edtech.cuhk.edu.hk).
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com / ITSC Service Desk (https://servicedesk.itsc.cuhk.edu.hk).