Beginner – Intermediate
Estimated time for study:
This self-paced course is designed to help you learn the introductory skills and knowledge needed to begin facilitating web conferencing sessions using Blackboard Collaborate. The following topics are covered in this course:
- User Interface - functionality, layouts and customization
- Communication - audio, video, and chat
- Classroom Interaction - participant permissions and understanding activity and status indicators
- Content Management: Whiteboard, Application Sharing and Web Tour
- Session Preferences
- Module 1: An Overview of Collaborate - This module will introduce you to the Ultra experience.
- Module 2: Collaborate Ultra Essential Features - Within this module, you will learn the basics of using the tools within a session.
- Module 3: Communication- In module three you will explore the features used for communicating in Collaborate Ultra.
- Module 4: Content Sharing Tools - This module will introduce you to the tools for sharing content.
- Module 5: Advanced Content Tools – This module will introduce you advanced content tools, i.e. Breakout Groups, Polling, Timer.
- Course Completion - This section contains additional resources and advanced help.
- Send a request to email@example.com if you would like to get a sandbox for practice.
- Some features mentioned in this online course are different from / unavailable in CUHK Blackboard environment. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org/ ITSC Service Desk (https://servicedesk.itsc.cuhk.edu.hk).
Steps to self-enroll to the course and start learning:
1. Access Blackboard
- Go to https://blackboard.cuhk.edu.hk
- Login with:
- Username: Your CUHK email
- Password: OnePass password
- For more: How to login Blackboard?
- Visit the course self-enroll URL: https://blackboard.cuhk.edu.hk/webapps/blackboard/execute/enrollCourse?context=INMENU&course_id=_133842_1
- Click “Submit”.
- Click “OK”.
- You have successfully enrolled in the online course.