Recording (CUHK Login needed)
- English: https://panopto.cuhk.edu.hk/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=194d90af-950f-4289-9f4d-ac2b00f640e8
Questions and answers
Q: I do not want to allow participants to share screen, or annotate on my shared screen. What can I do?
- You can update the settings under “Security”. For more: Zoom Help Center: In-meeting security options
Q: I would like to learn more about how to promote interaction during online classes. What should I do?
- You can consider joining the workshops hold by CLEAR (e.g. “Enriching interactions using uReply”). For more about the schedule, please see: https://cuhk202021term1training.sched.com/
Q: How to check if my video and audio are working in Zoom meetings?
- Participants can check their audio before the meeting. For more: Zoom Help Center: Testing computer or device audio
- If needed, please switch to another device and access the meeting again to see if it helps.
Q: Can I communicate with participants in waiting room?
- You can send message to the participants in waiting room. For more: Zoom Help Center: Waiting Room
Q: Can participants change their names during the meeting?
- It depends on the option in "Security". By default, participants are allowed to rename themselves. For more: Zoom Help Center: In-meeting security options
- Please also note that students can rename themselves on https://cuhk.zoom.us > "Profile" before joining the meeting.
Q: Should I set my Zoom meeting to "only authenticated users can join (CUHK only)" if I preassign the students using their @link.cuhk.edu.hk email address?
- You are suggested to do so, so that students have to sign-in with their CUHK email address, and can be assigned to the breakout rooms in the meeting
Q: If the students are assigned to different breakout rooms, does it mean they will stick to the same breakout room throughout the Zoom meeting?
- But you can also recreate breakout rooms (deletes existing breakout rooms and creates new ones). For more: Zoom Help Center: Managing Breakout Rooms
Q: What happens if the host checked the box of "video on" when scheduling a Zoom meeting?
- The host video will be on when joining the meeting. For more: Zoom Help Center: Scheduling meetings
Q: If there are two meetings in each week, is it necessary to set two different links for the Zoom meetings?
- You can consider scheduling a recurring meeting. For more: Zoom Help Center: Scheduling meetings
Q: How to get students go back to the main room from breakout rooms in a Zoom meeting?
- Once you close the breakout rooms, students will go back to the main room
- You can broadcast a message (reminder) to all breakout rooms before closing them
- For more: Zoom Help Center: Managing Breakout Rooms
Q: In different breakout rooms, can students of different groups write down some points on a sheet of paper at the same time and present their own groups' points later?
- Students can make use of other collaborative tools (e.g. OneDrive) for collaboration
Q: Can Zoom helps teachers take attendance?
- Yes. Please set your Zoom meetings as "only authenticated users can join (CUHK only)". Then participants are required to sign-in CUHK Login before joining the meeting.
- You can get the report on https://cuhk.zoom.us. For more: Getting started with reports
Q: Any requirements for using virtual background in Zoom meetings?
- Please check: Zoom Help Center: Virtual Background
Q: What is Polling for Zoom meetings?
- Please check: Zoom Help Center: Polling for meetings