- This article provides solutions to the two common problems regarding signing in Zoom.
“Bad Request - Header Field Too Long”
- Please consider clearing all the browser temporary file, history and cache of your default browser. Then restart the browser, and sign in Zoom, i.e. https://cuhk.zoom.us (or https://cuhk.zoom.com.cn/profile in China) and/or access the meeting link again.
- Or, use a new "private/incognito/inprivate window" to visit the meeting link and/or sign in Zoom via "CUHK Login". Instruction on opening "private/incognito/inprivate window":
“Something went wrong while you tried singing in with SSO”
Please take the following steps to check if your ZOOM account is working:
- Launch your default web browser.
- Clear ALL browser cache and internet temporary files.
- Restart the web browser.
- Visit https://www.cuhk.edu.hk/o365.
- After successful login, open a new browser tab, visit https://cuhk.zoom.us (or https://cuhk.zoom.com.cn/profile in China).
You may then follow https://www.cuhk.edu.hk/eLearning/c_systems/zoom/Zoom-QuickGuide_Participant(RestrictedMeeting).pdf to join ZOOM meetings restricted for CUHK users.
If you still encounter the problem after taking the above steps, please let us (firstname.lastname@example.org) know. We will check if your account is locked due to too many failed login attempts. The current locking mechanism is 30 minutes for 5 failed attempts.