- Respondus LockDown Browser is a locked browser for students to use to take tests in CUHK Blackboard System. It prevents students from printing, copying, going to another websites, or accessing other applications during a test. It can also prevent students from closing a test before submitting it for grading. If a Blackboard test requires that LockDown Browser be used, students cannot take the test with a standard web browser.
- Taking a test that requires students to use Lockdown Browser (and a webcam) on Blackboard is easy.
- Preparation for the first time
- Taking a test/exam which requires the use of the Lockdown Browser and a webcam
- Close all running programs/applications
- Launch Lockdown browser
- Visit CUHK Blackboard System https://blackboard.cuhk.edu.hk
- Enter the Blackbaord course
- Locate the test/exam
- Click Begin to take the test/exam
- Follow the Startup Sequence to ensure the video recording is working
- The test/exam will begin after you have completed the Startup Sequence
- Complete and Submit the test/exam
- Self Practice:
- In addition to joining the Practice Test/Exam set up by the course teacher / TA, students may follow this user guide to try taking some dummy tests set up by ITSC to test their computer, equipment and internet connection themselves.
- Additional Resources
- A Troubleshooting Guide shared by the Faculty of Medicine
- Additional FAQs
- "We are experiencing a high number of users starting exams at the same time. Your webcam check will begin ??? seconds…"
- "There is a problem with the LockDown Browser settings for this exam"
- "01-AWS-xxx Unable to connect to Respondus Server (AWS)"
- Students in ML China should consider applying for the CUHK VPN Add-On Service if they have difficulites accessing non-China hosted systems such as Respondus.