- The University has selected Zoom as the primary platform to support synchronous teaching and learning activities. Zoom is trusted by universities and well received by users around the world (including the Mainland). Despite its rich features, most users find it very easy to use.
CUHK ZOOM Portal (for service activation, scheduling and hosting ZOOM meetings)
- All CUHK Staff and Student users can login CUHK ZOOM Portal to schedule and host ZOOM meetings of up to 300 participants with the below steps.
- Launch a web browser, go to https://cuhk.zoom.us
- Click “Sign in” and login via CUHK Login with CUHK email alias and OnePass password.
- Upon a successful login, you can start scheduling Zoom meetings under "Meetings".
- When you "start" your first meeting from the web portal, you will be prompted to download and install the Zoom app to host the meeting. (User Guide: Zoom-QuickGuide-Host)
ZOOM Clients: Join a Meeting
- Download ZOOM clients and join open meetings as a meeting participant
- Download ZOOM clients and join "only authenticated users can join: *.cuhk only" meetings as a meeting participant
ZOOM Clients: Sign In with SSO (Company Domain: cuhk.zoom.us)
Special Notes for China Access
- If users in Mainland China cannot access https://cuhk.zoom.us, please try the Pilot CUHK VPN Add-On service.
- In case users are located in China and have problem in accessing https://cuhk.zoom.us/... when viewing ZOOM recordings, please try using https://cuhk.zoom.com.cn/...
- zoom.cn has NO relationship with the Zoom service subscribed by CUHK
2020 ZOOM Instructor Resources
- ZOOM Accessibility
- ZOOM Integration in Blackboard Course
- ZOOM's Scheduling Tracking Fields
- uReply - Attendance Beta
- "Automatic upload of ZOOM cloud recording to Panopto Cloud" feature (requires Blackboard, ZOOM, and Panopto Cloud)
2019 ZOOM Instructor Resources (Shared by Faculties/Departments/Programmes/Units)
- Best Practice Suggestions
- Taking Attendance
- General Tips for Online Teaching and Learning
- Results of User Experience Surveys
- Best Practices for ZOOM Teaching: Teacher Sharing Series
- Ride on the trend of Zoom teaching: did I run my class well? (Dr LAU Sin Nga, Ann)
- Teaching with Zoom: some issues and quick tips (Dr KU Kei-tat, Fred)
- Beside Zoom and Panopto, what else? A sharing on using online discussion forum and game based learning (Dr KIANG Kai Ming)
- Learning Activities on ZOOM
- Learning Activities on ZOOM (require login)
Recorded Training Videos (by Zoom)
- Recorded Sessions:
- Getting Started with Zoom (30min)
- Zoom Meetings Training (60min)
- Remarks: jump to 04:xx to skip the introduction of the "plans and pricing"
- Live Meetings for Education (Students and Educators)
- The maximum number of participants in each meeting is 300. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to host a larger meeting / webinar.
- System Requirements (e.g. bandwidth) and Equipment Suggestions
ZOOM Help Center
- Join a meeting (Join a test meeting)
- Schedule a meeting
- Host and co-host controls in a meeting
- More: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
- CUHK Online! ZOOM Support for Feb 17-21 (Feb 16, 2020)
- Get Ready to use Zoom to teach, learn and collaborate online, and more (Feb 2, 2020)
Additional Info Pages on ITSC website