Panopto Service Overview
Teaching and Learning Video Service @CUHK (currently implemented using Panopto) is a service jointly provided by CLEAR and ITSC. Teachers can record, upload and share videos to students. The access control of those recording contents is fully controlled by the teachers. Students with proper access right can view those contents online with different devices.
- In addition to the software Panopto Recorder available in the built-in computers of all communal classrooms, the current system can be used to support automatic scheduled recording with the use of the hardware capture boxes.
- The University currently have 10 hardware capture boxes at below selected locations.
- At these locations, teachers just need to submit their recording request and ITSC staff will then schedule the recording without any intervention of the normal teaching class.
The Selected Locations for 2022-23
- LT1, Mong Man Wai Building
- LT5, Lee Shau Kee Building
- LT6, Lee Shau Kee Building
- LT7, Lee Shau Kee Building
- LT, William Mong Man Wai Engineering Building
- LT1, Yasumoto International Academic Park
- L1, Science Centre
- LT1A, Henry Cheng International Conference Centre, Cheng Yu Tung Building (with PTZ Camera)
- LT1B, Henry Cheng International Conference Centre, Cheng Yu Tung Building (with PTZ Camera)
- 209B, Henry Cheng International Conference Centre, Cheng Yu Tung Building (with PTZ Camera)
List of Panopto Scheduled Recording
Notes to Users:
- Teaching and Learning Video Service @CUHK is offered under the supervision of the Subcommittee on Education Technologies of the IT Governance Committee (ITGC-SET) to support teaching and learning activities of the University.
- Despite best efforts, lecture recordings may fail. Below are a few potential causes:
- System failure
- Hardware failure (e.g. capture box, mic, AV cables)
- Change of AV settings
- Always consider the following backup actions for important/critical events/presentations:
- Set up a audio recording pen or a video camera for a backup recording
- Hire professional video service team (e.g. CUAV) for a backup recording