Instructor and TA/Support Staff can make a full copy of course materials from a source course to an existing destination course. If you would like to copy several items from the source course only, please consider the below method: Blackboard Help: Copy and move content (not applicable to grade items, such as assignment, test, SCORM).
Please make sure the course owner of both the source course and the destination course are the same. If you are not the course owner, you are required to seek permission from him/her to reuse the content.
- Go to the Source course. On the Control Panel, expand the Packages and Utilities section and select Course Copy.
- Select Copy Course Materials into an Existing Course.
- Click Browse to select the Destination course.
- Select Select All (uncheck date-related options, i.e. announcement, calendar, notifications) if you would like to reuse all course materials.
- Choose Copy links and copies of the content (include entire course home folder).
- Select Submit.
- After copying, the content will be appended to the destination course. Go to the destination course, check if the copied menu items are at the bottom of the Course Menu. Then, re-arrange the course menu items and update the content if needed (e.g. update assignment and test settings, update adaptive release criteria, remove outdated grade columns). To edit the course menu, please refer to Blackboard Help: Reorder and manage course menu links
For more information, please refer to Blackboard Help: Copy Courses
If you would like to copy graded items in content areas, e.g. test, assignment, SCORM, please remember to select "Grade Center Columns and Settings" as well.
Panopto videos would not be copied by Blackboard Course Copy function. You can copy Panopto videos following the instruction below:
First, access Blackboard Course > “Panopto video” > click “Open in Panopto” (square with an arrow) on the right to access Panopto page for performing “Copy”. Then follow the steps as follows: Panopto Support: How to Batch Copy and Move Videos
In case you have added Panopto video links in Blackboard Content Area, please be reminded to update the links in the destination course.