Scheduling a meeting that requires registration will require participants to register with their e-mail, name, and other optional questions before receiving the meeting info. It allows you to collect more information about your attendees to prepare for the meeting.
Enabling and customizing registration for a meeting
- Sign in to the CUHK Zoom web portal (https://cuhk.zoom.us). Go to the "Meetings" page and click on your scheduled meeting. If you do not have a scheduled meeting, schedule a meeting now.
- In the Registration section, make sure to select the "Required" check box. Save the meeting options.
- After saving it, the Registration tab will appear at the bottom of the next page. In the Registration Options section, click "Edit".
- Customize the options under Registration tab. Click "Save All".
- By default, Automatic Approval (Automatically Approve) is selected, which means anyone who signs up will receive information on how to join right after the registration. Change it to Manual Approval (Manually Approve) if needed.
- Check "Close registration after event date" if you want to prevent anyone from registering after the webinar date and projected end time.
- If a registrant passes the link to another person who has not registered a meeting, that person would be able to join the meeting.
- Do NOT select “Allow attendees to join from multiple devices” to avoid multiple users joining the meeting with multiple devices.
- You can click "View" under the Registration tab to see a list of people that have registered for the meeting.
- Clicking on the registrant name will provide addition info about that person.
For more: Zoom Help Center: Setting up registration for a meeting