The current ZOOM license allows a meeting with up to 300 participants only. What if more than 300 participants are expected?
- Special arrangement has to be made by ITSC to allocate a large meeting license, which allows up to 1000 participants, and Faculties should submit a request to ITSC using the application form.
- Apart from “Meeting”, ZOOM can conduct “Webinar” which allows up to 10,000 participants. “Meeting” and “Webinar” have different functionality.
- All CUHK staff and students are granted the meeting300 license to host meetings up to 300 participants
- For other licenses:
- For meetings, the University has some large meeting license for 1000 participants
- For webinars, the University has a few webinar licenses of 500 / 1000 / 3000 / 5000 attendees.
Large Meeting License
- One-time meeting1000 license can also be arranged by request free of charge. Please consider the options suggested in https://www.cuhk.edu.hk/eLearning/c_systems/zoom/Zoom-MeetingOptions-LargeMeetings.pdf and the following:
- Disable Join Before Host
- Enable the Waiting Room Feature
- Limit Sharing to the Host
- Make Co-Host the speaker (only available to the host): Assign the attendee to be a co-host. You can have an unlimited number of co-hosts.
- Stop Video: Stop the participant's video stream so they are unable to start their video.
- Rename: Change the attendee name that is displayed to other participants. This change only applies to the current meeting.
- Put in Waiting Room: Place the attendee in a virtual waiting room while you prepare for the meeting. The host must enable waiting room for this option to appear.
- Put On Hold: If the waiting room is not enabled, you'll see this option to place the attendee on hold.
- Remove: Dismiss a participant from the meeting. They won't be able to rejoin unless you allow participants and panelists to rejoin.
Additional reference on ZOOM Security:
Additional references on ZOOM Online Events
Steps to check your ZOOM user account profile for the assigned license(s) and capacity