- The migration to Panopto Cloud on AWS (cuhk.ap.panopto.com) has been completed. Teachers, TAs & Support Staff members are advised to access and check their Panopto folders and videos after the migration.
- This article lists out four potential issues occurring in some Blackboard courses after the migration and suggests the workarounds / follow-up actions.
I. Activity Stream is displayed after clicking "Panopto Video" link
- If you are using Safari, the issue can be resolved by disabling “Prevent cross-site tracking" (The steps are also mentioned in Panopto Support: Enable Third Party Cookies in Safari and Enable Third-Party Cookies for Safari on iOS).
- Access “Preferences” in Safari.
- Under “Privacy”, uncheck “Prevent cross-site tracking”. (For more about this option, you could refer to Safari User Guide: Prevent cross-site tracking in Safari on Mac)
- If you have concerns about disabling the above setting, you can still access Panopto directly at https://cuhk.ap.panopto.com using CUHK Login; then search for the course video folder:
- Open a browser and access https://blackboard.cuhk.edu.hk.
- In the same browser, open a new tab, and enter https://cuhk.ap.panopto.com.
- Select “Blackboard” and click “Sign in”.
- Click “Browse” to locate the course video folder and the videos. You can type and search the course in the search box, or expand the folder named “Blackboard” to find the Panopto folder.
- Or, use another browser (e.g., Firefox, Chrome) to access "Panopto Video". If you are using a mobile device, you could also consider accessing Panopto with Panopto App. For more, please refer to CUHK EdTech Center: How to log in to Panopto Mobile App
II. Panopto is blank in Blackboard App
In case you would like to access Panopto using your mobile device:
- Please access Panopto with a browser (e.g., Safari, Chrome) instead of Blackboard App.
- Please note the potential issue regarding accessing Panopto with a browser (e.g., Safari) (See “I. Activity Stream is displayed after clicking "Panopto Video" link” above).
- You could also access Panopto using Panopto App. For more about Panopto App, please refer to CUHK EdTech Help Center: How to log in to Panopto Mobile App
III. "Error getting the folder from the Panopto server. It may have been deleted."
- Please provide us with the Course ID(s) at ITSC Service Desk or email@example.com for the follow-up.
IV. “This session link is invalid”
- The following may help to work around the issue. Chrome/Edge users report this issue more often than Firefox users.
- Clear all browser cache and temporary internet files, including site data
- Sign in the Panopto Cloud system at https://cuhk.ap.panopto.com first, then open a new tab to access the Blackboard course and recheck the videos.
- If the issue persists, please provide us with the Course ID, the name and the location of the item(s) at ITSC Service Desk or firstname.lastname@example.org for the follow-up.