Import group members using a csv file
- You need to have the "Group Codes" of the groups before you can import members into the groups. Get the group codes using one of the following methods
- Export Groups
- Export groups to generate group codes, which are useful for importing group members. Click on “Export”.
- Click “Submit”.
Blackboard Help: Export groups
- View Group Codes
- Rollover “View Options” and select “Show Group Code”.
- Get the Group Codes.
Blackboard Help: Group codes
- Follow the following steps to import group members
- Open an Excel. Fill in the Group Codes and Student IDs as follows. Save it as CSV (Comma delimited).
- Click “Import”.
- Under Import Group Members, click “Browser My Computer” to select the CSV file. Click on “Submit”.
Blackboard Help: Import groups
- Refresh “Groups” page, and you can see the number of enrolled members is updated.