*The Pilot ChatGPT Service is primarily designed to assist teachers and students in exploring the use of ChatGPT for teaching, learning, and implementing innovative pedagogies at CUHK. Any other use cases must be explicitly detailed and will be evaluated individually.
CUHK AI Chatbot for Teaching Support for teachers, TAs, and RPg students
The CUHK AI Chatbot for Teaching Support for teachers, TAs, and RPg students to use has the following characteristics:
- Prior application is required. Specific justification and use cases must be provided to support the application.
- Access to the web app is restricted to CUHK network.
- The app employs the gpt-3.5-turbo model which supports 4096 max input tokens by default.
- The gpt-3.5-turbo-16k model (with 16K context) and GPT-4 model (with 8K context) are also available.
- The cost of using the GPT-4 (with 8K context) model is approximately 30 times that of the gpt-3.5-turbo model, and 15 times that of the gpt-3.5-turbo-16k model.
- For every submit, the chatbot will receive the last 10 messages (5 from the user and 5 from the system).
- Usage will be monitored and in the event that certain departments, faculties or units exceed their allocated usage quota for general demo/testing/teaching purposes, the additional charge will be collected from the respective party.
Teachers, TAs, and RPg students can complete the application form to apply for using the chatbot directly.
- Application form: https://cloud.itsc.cuhk.edu.hk/webform/view.php?id=13667353).
CUHK AI Chatbot for Learning Support for students (approved by teachers)
The pilot service has been expanded to support teaching and learning activities (i.e. for students to complete learning activities approved by teachers). Monitoring of the effectiveness of the activities will be required.
Teachers can get in touch with the support team at email@example.com or Judy Lo (ITSC) if they are interested in enabling the CUHK AI Chatbot for Learning Support to enhance their students' learning experience. They can discuss their plans and the appropriate support arrangement with the team.
Teachers who are interested in utilizing other ChatGPT services to support your teaching and learning endeavors (e.g. special provisions such as Azure Open AI studio, API access for testing, other models) can contact the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org / Judy Lo (ITSC) to discuss their plans and the support arrangement accordingly.
It's important to keep in mind IT security when using AI tools. Please take some time to review ITSC's Security Tips when using Artificial Intelligence (AI) Tools.
- Security Tips when using Artificial Intelligence (AI) Tools (https://www.itsc.cuhk.edu.hk/user-trainings/information-security-best-practices/security-tips-when-using-artificial-intelligence-ai-tools/)
Additional resources on eLearning@CUHK website
- Use of Generative AI Tools in Education (https://www.elearning.cuhk.edu.hk/generative-artificial-intelligence-in-education)
- Q&A about Pilot ChatGPT Service (https://help.edtech.cuhk.edu.hk/docs/qa-about-pilot-chatgpt-service)
- Tokens, models and context length
- Cost estimate (reference)
- Cost (gpt-3.5-turbo-4k):
- USD 0.0015 per 1,000 Prompt tokens
- USD 0.002 per 1,000 Completion tokens
- Cost (gpt-3.5-turbo-16k): USD 0.002 per 1,000 tokens
- USD 0.003 per 1,000 Prompt tokens
- USD 0.004 per 1,000 Completion tokens
- Cost (gpt-4-8k):
- USD 0.03 per 1,000 Prompt tokens
- USD 0.06 per 1,000 Completion tokens
- Cost (gpt-4-32k)
- USD 0.06 per 1,000 Prompt tokens
- USD 0.12 per 1,000 Completion tokens
- Cost (gpt-3.5-turbo-4k):