The polling feature for meetings allows you to create single choice or multiple choice polling questions for your meetings. You will be able to launch the poll during your meeting and gather the responses from your attendees. You also have the ability to download a report of polling after the meeting.
Prerequisites and Limitations
Please refer to Zoom Help Center: Polling for meetings
- Hosts need to use the desktop client to manage polling.
- Only the original meeting host can edit or add polls during a meeting. If the host or co-host role is transferred to another user, that user will only be able to launch polls already created.
- If a poll is relaunched in a meeting, the poll report will only display the last poll occurrence. If you know you will need to launch the same poll twice and want both sets of data, consider creating a second poll with the same questions as the original to avoid re-launching.
- Polling does not support concurrent login of scheduled host.
- Sign in to the CUHK Zoom web portal (https://cuhk.zoom.us) and schedule a meeting. If you have a scheduled meeting, go to the "Meetings" page and click on your scheduled meeting.
- Scroll to the bottom to find the Poll option. Click "Add" to begin creating the poll.
- Enter a title and your first question.
- (Optional) Click the "Anonymous" check box to make the poll anonymous, which will keep the participant's polling information anonymous in the meeting and in the reports.
- Select whether you want the question to be single choice (participants can only choose one answer) or multiple choice (participants can choose multiple answers).
- Type in the answers to your question and click "Save" at the bottom.
- If you would like to add a new question, click "Add a Question" to create a new question for that particular poll.
- A poll created for the meeting.
For more about polling, please refer to Zoom Help Center: Polling for meetings